WEEE Recycling Services
If your organisation creates or deals with waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE), it’s important to have a robust WEEE recycling service to reduce your impact on the environment.
WEEE items often contain substances like lead, mercury and cadmium, which can be harmful if they are not disposed of correctly. If your business fails to do this, you could be hit with a huge fine.
At Wastege, we help you understand your obligations to ensure you’re 100% compliant with the latest Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations, which affect every organisation in every sector.
Businesses must adhere to the WEEE Regulations if they:
- Make or rebrand electrical or electronic equipment (EEE)
- Import, distribute or sell EEE
- Generate any WEEE
- Produce, make or sell any WEEE
- Repair or refurbish WEEE
- Recycle or recover WEEE
As the only WEEE processor which can mechanically process flat panel displays (FPDs), gas discharge lamps and batteries at the same facility, our WEE recycling services are cost-effective for companies of every size.
For further savings, we can also provide bins to store waste safely until it can be collected and removed in bulk by our specialist WEEE waste collection team.
WEEE Waste Collection Items
The type of WEE recycling items we can handle includes:
- Display equipment - cathode ray tube monitors or flat screen TVs
- Cooling appliances – fridge and freezer etc
- Kitchen items – microwave, cooker, kettle, toaster
- Monitors and televisions - LCD, plasma & CRT
- PCs and computer base units
- Computer items - printers, mouse, keyboard
- Office electricals - phones, faxes, shredders
- Flat Panel Displays (FPD’s)
- Gas Discharge Lamps
- Recording equipment and cameras
- Lighting equipment
- Monitoring and control instruments
- Electrical and electronic tools
- Electronic toys and games
- Mobile phones
- Power tools
Expert WEEE Recycling Contractors
- Experienced WEEE recycling contractors - over 30 years in sector.
- We deal in every category of WEEE – bespoke containers for storage.
- All sectors – support for any size company or organisation.
- Pay by the load or long-term contracts - convenient WEEE recycling.
- Cost effective - process Flat Panel Displays (FPDs) and Gas Discharge Lamps in same facility.
- Treatment facility used by Environment Agency and DEFRA for training.
- Simple documentation - 100% compliant with environmental requirements.
- Nationwide collection – WEEE recycling in Hull, Leeds, London & UK wide.